Congratulations on making it to 1st week! It’s been great to see so many old and new faces during Freshers’ Week, and I look forward to meeting many more of you as the term progresses.
Just a few notices from the MCR Committee this week about battels, how to get involved in our academic team, and the all-important menu for Hall. Watch out for more information about the upcoming elections for vacant Committee posts during the week.
See you soon,
Lincoln College MCR - MT 1st Week Notices
1. Battels Info
3. How to join the Academic Team
4. Public Speaking group
5. Hall Menu
1. Battels - You should now have received your battels. There are some optional payments included in this which are the overseas scholarship, the oxford student refugee campaign, and the MCR charity scheme. It is possible to opt out of all/some of these, and if you would like to do this then please fill out the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/OEsBC7WbeXgQD1sA2. Do be aware that you will need to pay your battels to avoid any fines and then the payments will be reimbursed.
If you have any other questions then please contact Josh Abbott (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Dissertea will be running every Monday from 2pm till 6pm from now until the end of term in the MCR. Bring any writing you have, and we can try collectively to motivate ourselves and each other to smash out some words with the aid of snacks and coffee.
3. Academic Team - if you are interested in helping run the Hilary Seminar Series, or any other academic events, drop me an email (email@example.com) for any level of involvement (even if its just in your subject area)
4. Public Speaking Group - Last term we set up a public speaking group, for people interested in improving their presentation skills/confidence. If you would like to join, we plan to meet informally throughout the year to improve our practice and invite 'good' speakers to learn from. If you are interested, again email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I'll add you to the group.
5. Hall Menu - See the attached PDF for the menu for Hall this week. You can also find this on the Lincoln College and Lincoln MCR websites. For more information about times and prices for Hall, check out http://www.lincoln.ox.ac.uk/Meals.